AUTO ACCIDENT SERVICES
Auto accidents are one of the leading causes of accidental injury and death in Canada. In addition to collisions involving two or more cars; motor vehicle accidents can include pedestrians, cyclists, and motorcyclists. Even minor car accidents often require lengthy paperwork and complex insurance processes to determine who was at fault and how damages should be paid out.
INJURY CASE EXAMPLES
AUTO ACCIDENT CASES
Auto accident cases lie at the intersection of traffic and personal injury law. Determining fault and damages is rarely a straightforward process. As such, it is in your best interest to work with an experienced Alberta auto accident lawyer if you’ve been injured in any type of motor vehicle crash or collision.
WHEN YOU SHOULD CALL A LAWYER
Following an auto accident, there are many reasons to consult with a lawyer. Leaving it to the insurance companies to determine who was at fault and a fair settlement amount rarely works out in the victim’s favour. After an auto accident, legal counsel can be invaluable if you:
- are uncomfortable negotiating directly with the insurance companies and other driver(s);
- believe you have been wrongfully found at fault;
- suffered a personal injury;
Even if you are not found to be at fault, a motor vehicle accident can set you back in lost wages and expensive medical bills. Although the at-fault insurer will likely be responsible for at least a portion of those expenses, insurance companies will do everything in their power to minimize costs. An experienced Alberta car accident lawyer will work tirelessly to ensure that you receive the maximum compensation to which you are entitled by law.
MAKING A CLAIM
Laying the groundwork for a successful car accident case starts at the scene. Be sure to follow all post-accident laws and best practices, including:
- Remain at the scene of the accident, call 911 if anyone is injured, and exchange insurance information with the other driver(s).
- Take pictures of the vehicles, the road conditions, and any visible injuries.
- Do NOT assume fault, promise to pay damages, or discuss a settlement of any kind.
- File a police report as soon as possible, while the details are still fresh in your mind, and request a copy.
- Have a qualified physician evaluate you immediately, even when no visible injuries are present. Soft tissue damage and other injuries may not become apparent for days, or even weeks.
- Contact a Lawyer
Motor vehicle accidents involving personal injury are complex, and the processes surrounding them can be overwhelming if you aren’t well-versed on the law and your legal rights. An experienced auto accident lawyer can help you gather and review evidence, help with paperwork, negotiate with insurance companies, and obtain a substantial settlement.
CALL ROBERTS LAW TODAY
At Roberts Law, we don’t treat clients like a number. We tailor our service to each client’s unique needs because we understand that every case requires a different approach. Our dedicated, compassionate legal team has been protecting the rights of personal injury victims throughout central and southern Alberta for years, and we have an impressive track record of obtaining substantial settlements for our clients. Call us today at 587-391-5110 for a free and confidential consultation about your case.